Welcome to Crescent Iroquois CUSD 249
We are a kindergarten thru 12th grade district. Currently, Crescent City Grade School, houses our kindergarten thru 8th grade students. At the conclusion of the 8th grade year, students have the opportunity to choose a high school. Students may choose between three neighboring districts to attend: Cissna Park, Iroquois West, and Watseka.
The old Crescent-Iroquois High School building currently is used by the ISEA and our Junior High Sports programs. It also is home to our Junior High Music room.
Mission (Why) - To develop active citizens of Crescent City and help children grow in their own capacity to achieve their own personal goals.
Vision (What) - We will provide the community with a school that provides a well-rounded K-8 education for its children. We will provide high-quality instruction, athletics, art enrichment, and social-emotional learning. We will also be financial stewards of the community we serve.
- In providing a solid, quality education
- Learn how to learn – understand what they are learning
- Children learn in different ways, balance of audio, visual aids, etc.
- Support from parents/guardians to come ready and prepared
- Young children need physical activity to learn
- Children need a safe environment to learn
- Teacher should think outside the box – be creative – ABCD – above and beyond the call of duty
- In a focus on curriculum (there is such a thing as going too far beyond)
- Teamwork and communication between teachers, administration, etc. – continuity
- In high expectations for students
- In equal yet individualized opportunity for all students
- In teaching a well-balanced best practice curriculum
- In getting the community involved, informed through communication
- Community should be involved with the school
- The district should be fiscally responsible with communities taxes
- Community and district relations should involve open communication